Copy, customize, and send this invitation to a few team members:
Cahoots is a company walkie talkie and emergency alert system…on your phone. I have created a Cahoots team for our organization and would like for you to try it out with me:
- Update to the latest version of Cahoots or download the free app (Cahoots - Great Teams Talk):
Download for iPhone
Download for Android
- Tap CONNECT TO A TEAM
- Team Name:
- Team Passcode:
- If using Cahoots for the first time, register via email/password or Facebook/Google ID
- When prompted, make sure to enable push notifications and use of your microphone
- Hit X (upper right) to close out of the tutorial and open the team
- Starting out, just hold the EVERYONE button down to talk.
While in Cahoots, we can try some of these features.
See you in Cahoots,
Once in Cahoots, here are a few things to try:
- As team leader, customize the groups that people can join before the test drive. In the App Menu (top left), tap Manage Your Team > Groups > Manage Groups.
- Spread Out! Cahoots has a global range, so there's no need to be in the same room.
- Talk to everybody in the team by holding down the EVERYONE group.
- Talk 1-on-1 by holding someone's individual icon.
- Notice who's talking and to whom in the HISTORY BAR. Tap to replay any message.
- Join and talk in another group (slide left or right and tap + button to join). Notice that active group members appear below each group.
- Tap the REFRESH button (top right) to update group names or troubleshoot from poor WiFi or cell connection.
- Talk to everyone using the EMERGENCY button (tap the EMERGENCY toggle, then Hold the EMERGENCY button to talk).
- Tap the STATUS button (top left) to mute/unmute yourself.
- Using the SEARCH screen (top right), nudge a team member that has just closed the app to reconnect (push notifications must be enabled).
- Close and reopen the app (Cahoots will remember you and the groups you have joined).