- Purpose of the Products. The Products can be used to communicate with others. When you share information, it will be seen/heard by the recipients. Voice, text and other data you create and transmit will be temporarily accessible on your electronic device (e.g., mobile phone) and those of recipients, and may be stored longer-term on our servers.
- General Information Use. Through TCL’s website, via email/password login or via third-party (e.g., Facebook/Google) login, a team administrator will be able to access an administrative site, where he or she may manage such things as user authorizations, team names, group names, emergency contact list, subscriptions, etc.
When you download or use Apps that TCL or our subsidiaries or parent companies create, TCL may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as GPS mapping, search results, and other personalized content. Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services.
Our Apps record voice transmissions, which may include group conversations, one-on-one conversations, and emergency conversations. In addition, when there is an emergency, the Apps automatically send text notifications to all people on a teams’s emergency contact list. A running 24-hour history of transmissions is displayed on the Apps. After that period, such information may be stored on our servers.
Please be advised that TCL is not an emergency service provider, and does not respond to emergency calls or messages. TCL does not represent that use of our Apps will prevent or avert emergency situations. TCL is merely a passive conduit and data processor for the online distribution and publication of user content which you control. You agree that TCL shall have no responsibility or liability for any emergency situations, response thereto, or lack of response thereto. In addition, you agree that reception of emergency and other conversations and text/push notifications may at times be limited due to lack of WiFi signals, cellular service, and other transmission factors.
- Communications Content. Voice, text, and other transmissions that you send to other users will show up on other users’ devices, and these communications are also stored on our servers. Even if you remove this content from your device or account, this content will remain viewable for 24 hours on the devices of third party users you have communicated with, and may also be stored on our servers after that.
If an individual becomes aware that information we maintain about that individual is inaccurate, or if an individual would like to update or review his or her information, the individual may contact us using the contact information below. We will take reasonable steps to permit individuals to correct, amend, or delete information that is demonstrated to be inaccurate. The individual will need to provide sufficient identifying information, such as name, address, birth date, and social security number. We may request additional identifying information as a security precaution. In addition, we may limit or deny access to personal information where providing such access would be unreasonably burdensome or expensive in the circumstances, or as otherwise permitted by applicable law.
- Name and Profile Picture. Our Products are designed to make it easy for users to find, connect and communicate with one another. For this reason, your name and profile picture are displayed to other users within a given team, and theirs will be displayed to you.
- Inviting Other Users. When you invite one or more contacts to install our Apps and/or join a team, an email or SMS invite is sent from you to those contacts. This invite may result in your name and email address, along with your team name and password, being shared with the invitees.
- Invited Contacts. When you invite your contacts to register at the TCL website and/or download our Apps, those contacts may provide us access to third party contact information.
- Personal Information That TCL Gathers. The information that we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your experience with TCL’s Products. Some of the types of information we gather are listed below:
- Information You Give Us: We receive and may store any information that you enter on our website or provide to us in other manners. The Apps obtain information that you provide when you download and register for the Apps. Registration with us is required before you can use the Apps.
If you register on the TCL website, we receive that registration data as well. When you register with us and use the Apps, you provide your name, email address, password, and any other registration information. We, and our third-party service providers, may use the information provided to us in order to operate, maintain, develop, improve, and provide you with the features and functionality of the Products, develop new products, contact you regarding important information, required notices and marketing promotions, and target and track our marketing efforts and advertising. Our third-party service providers may serve advertisements (such as banners or links) on our behalf, and may collect information about your visit(s) to our website. This information is often collected through use of a web beacon, which is industry standard technology used by most major websites. Web beacons typically do not collect names or contact information, but may record other information about your visits. In addition to the information about your visits to our website, our service providers may also use information about your visits to other websites to target advertisements from TCL. If you would like more information and to know your choices about not having this information used by our third-party service providers, please visit: http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/. You may choose to not provide certain information TCL, but you may as a result be unable to take advantage of some of our features.
- Automatically Collected Information: In addition, the Apps may collect certain information automatically from you, such as type of mobile device, unique mobile device ID, mobile device IP address, mobile operating system, type of mobile Internet browser, crash information, and information about the way the Apps are used. This information may be collected by or shared with third party service providers of TCL, who may only use such information in providing services to TCL in accordance with this policy.
- Contacts Information Use: When you invite people to use our Products, we access your address book and import onto our servers your contacts’ names and phone numbers to facilitate those invitations. If you send invitations to your contacts, you represent that all such contacts have consented to receive invitation emails from you.
- Information We May Receive From Third Parties. When you register with our Apps using a third party (e.g., Facebook, Google), those third parties may share with us certain data (e.g., name, profile image, likes, birthdays, etc.) that will be used to display your identity to other users and to better target our marketing to you.
- Third party access to information obtained by the Products. We will share your information with third parties only as described herein. We may, for example, disclose your personal information:
- As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process;
- With the individual’s permission to make the disclosure;
- Where the information in question is publicly available;
- If we have a reasonable good faith belief that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud or other legal claims, or respond to a government request;
- If TCL or its parent or subsidiary company is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets.
- Minors under the age of 13. TCL does not knowingly collect personal information from or sell products for purchase by children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, you may use the Products only with the involvement of a parent or guardian. Any person who provides his or her information to TCL through the account login page for new customers or any other part of the website represents to TCL that he or she is 13 years of age or older. If you believe that we might have received any information from a child under the age of 13, please contact us immediately at email@example.com.
- How We Protect Information. TCL takes reasonable steps to protect personally identifiable information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. We keep your account information and content on a secure server behind a firewall.
When you enter sensitive information (such as passwords), we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL) while it is being transmitted.
We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. We do, however, transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
In addition, our Apps are protected with passwords and encryption in an effort to protect the privacy of voice and other data transmissions. However, please keep in mind that no Internet transmission is ever completely secure or error-free. Thus, some messages sent to or from the TCL website and via our Apps may not be secure. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
Effective date: June 20, 2016.